Tuesday, December 22, 2009

San Diego – Monday 21 December

Weather was definitely a bit chillier today – but that meant about 16 degrees rather than 22 so I can’t complain! I had some yummy pancakes for breakfast at a café nearby then caught the bus out to San Diego zoo – it’s about 10 minutes by bus from the center of town. Cost was $37 for an adult day pass – that includes a bus tour of the park, and trips on the skyine cable car. I was there for over six hours so it was quite good value!

The bus tour was ok, but I felt a bit happier walking around. The whole zoo is really well laid out and not too huge, and I had my new FitFlops on so my feet were fine. My favourites were the panda bears, flamingos, different monkeys and the giraffes. There was even a baby giraffe who was only 4 weeks old! There were a few animals where they looked really cooped up and unhappy, pacing up and down. One of the polar bears spent the whole time I was watching him doing the same backflip and circle, which initially looked really cool but in retrospect may not be very healthy.

No comments: