Thursday, October 02, 2008

Greece Days 4 and 5

Not huge amounts to report over the last couple of days... there's mainly been a whole lot of relaxation, sunbathing and swimming going on!

Yesterday (Wednesday) I went to Marathouna Beach by water taxi - It's about a 45 minute boat ride and is definitely the quietest of the beaches I've seen. Water again was really clear and there's a nice wee taverna right on the beach. Had a really quiet, relaxing day and thankfully didn't get pestered by the goats that were roaming around! They were trying to clamber over the fence around the taverna and eating anything, even nibbling on wooden chairs!

I had a lovely dinner at Mythos restaurant which I'd read about on Waitrose.com - it was lovely!! Had some great calimari with pesto, swordfish with ginger and garlic and then some yummo pannacotta. Such a nice meal and ambience. And much more value for money than the place I'd visited the previous night. There are two branches of this restaurant and I visited the roof garden version which had a lovely ambience. When I was there I got news that my promotion to manager had been approved so I celebrated with an extra glass of wine - crazy!

Today (Thursday) I walked around to Nimborios beach which is about 45 mins along the coast road from Yialos where I'm staying. This beach was a little bit busier with quite a few people already there. But it was still lovely to relax for a few hours. Lots of German and Danish tourists around as well as British. One woman got attacked by one of the cats that was hanging around the taverna - I think she'd stepped on it while standing up and it had retaliated! Normally the cats are quite placid and only fight each other!

No comments: