Saturday, October 04, 2008

Greece Day 6 - last day!

I'm sitting in Rhodes airport at the moment which really is a bit of a dead zone. Not much around apart from a duty free and an oversubscribed cafe. They do have free wireless internet though - there was a warning when I signed in saying that it was unencrypted so I'm too scared to go into my hotmail account or check my banking website. If you see weird things crop up in this blog you'll know I've been hacked into... Quite useful to have it as it's a couple of hours til my flight and I wanted to check out how I'll get from Gatwick to home (I land at 0110). Trains actually do run all night but just are not very frequent so I'm sure I'll be fine. It's a bit too far to get a cab the whole way though!

I'm here really early because the last ferry (the hydrofoil) left Symi at 1645 and arrived in Rhodes an hour later. So I've and then caught the airport bus. There was a little girl ahead of me in the queue who clocked that I had the same Fit-Flops on as her mum and was really puzzled! I'm just hoping that I get a window seat on the plane and can go straight to sleep, but we'll see.

Had another beach day today. Sadly my departure time meant that I couldn't catch one of the taxi boats out to the beaches as I wouldn't get back in time. So I spent the day at Nos or Paradise Beach which is basically the town beach and while it wasn't quite as serene as the other beaches I've visited, the water was still lovely and the sun lounger was comfortable. I'd had to check out of my room in the morning but thankfully one of the restaurants has a shower for people to use - such a relief to know that I wouldn't be travelling for 12 hours caked in salty water!!

No comments: