Sunday, April 08, 2007

floating!

Kt and I went for a session at 'Float' in Notting Hill yesterday. It's a flotation tank center - it uses Living Nature products and has some ties with Air NZ (I think there's a tank at the terminal at Heathrow - will use it if I'm ever flying first class home!). and so I'd obtained a two for one offer from a mailing list I'm on.

Anyway, it was a fabulous experience. We each had a separate room with a tank in it that was shaped like a cocoon. After a shower and stripping off you get into the tank and stay there for about an hour. The first ten minutes have music or nature sounds then it goes silent for about 40 minutes. It was really relaxing. It took a while to get my neck and arms to relax and I ended up using a neck pillow to feel comfortable. And then the rest of my body ached quite a lot - getting used to being aligned differently I think. The water was really salty and buoyant - tasted horrible!

The whole experience made us feel really relaxed and it really lasts too - would recommend it - but maybe I'll wait until there's another half price offer - £50 a time is quite expensive!!

No comments: