Friday, May 26, 2006

Spain Day 6 - Granada and Malaga

Had a wander around the Albaicin area in Granada today - it´s the hill that faces the Alhambra hill, and is full of shops, bars and restaurants, as well as some homes. Lots of shops selling Arabic themed items, most of which are apparently made in Morocco. Walked up to the Mirador San Nicholas which has a fantastic view of the Alhambra - got my photo taken by a very Kiwi woman called Noelene! Had some lunch at Kiki San Nicholas, a restaurant behind the church -had an enormous plate of seafood which I couldn´t finish!

Caught a taxi to the bus station and then the bus to Malaga - the bus cost about €8.50, cheaper than the taxi! Bus journey took two hours.

When I arrived in Malaga, I took another taxi to my hotel, Hotel Acacias, which is about ten minutes out of town in an area called Pedregalejo. It´s very pretty and only about five minutes walk from the beach - the actual beach doesn´t look that nice for swimming though. Went and had some dinner down by the water - there are loads of cafes and restaurants. The popular thing is for fishermen to grill their day´s catch on a barbeque. After my seafood at lunch I wasn´t that keen but I will be returning!

No comments: