Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Spain Day 3 - Seville

Much more of a relaxing day today! Wandered up to Santa Justa train station in the morning to get my ticket for Granada on Tuesday. A relatively simple transation!

Then managed to find my way to Casa Pilatos, a mansion that was supposedly built along the dimensions of Pilate´s palace. Lots of mosaics and a lovely peaceful garden. Also lovely to see some of the restoration going on.

My next stop was the lovely Arabian baths - what a treat! It´s all housed in an old residential building, but there are baths of different temperatures, treatment rooms, a jacuzzi and a steam room. All very atmospheric and a great way to spend a couple of hours unwinding. My skin felt so soft afterwards!

Next I walked over to the Parque de Maria Luisa and spent a couple of hours reading in the shade and walking around. The park was built for the 1929 Expo, and has lots of buildings in it that are now used for embassies. There is also the huge Casa de Espana, which has a different tiled area for each of the regions of Spain. There´s also a military museum there.

Had dinner in a much cheaper place tonight - my first two dinners have inadvertently been in expensive places so I need to watch my budget! Some fantastic flamenco music being played in the plaza.

No comments: