Monday, June 27, 2005

Malta Day Six

Decided to do a last swim at the Blue Lagoon this morning but was thwarted by the arrival of hundreds of jellyfish. There had been a couple of jellyfish around at the hotel, and I'd had mild stings from a couple, but they were nowhere near as intense as this morning. So sadly I had to abandon that idea.

After sitting by the pool for a couple of hours, I caught the hotel boat to Mgarr, the harbour town in Gozo. Caught a bus from Mgarr to Victoria / Rabat, the main town on Gozo, and then after waiting for an hour for a connection at a small cafe in the gardens, I caught another bus to Marsalforn. The buses on Gozo are old as well, but grey and red in colour scheme.

Marsalforn is one of the main seaside resorts in Gozo, but is far quieter and low-key than its counterparts on Malta itself. I stayed at a lovely guesthouse right in the centre of town which was beautifully decorated and very comfortable.

After the sub-standard meals on Comino, I was delighted to have a delicious meal of mussels and ravioli filled with Gozo cheese at Il-Kastell restaurant by the sea front. Beautiful!

No comments: