Monday, September 06, 2004

Croatia - day three

Had planned a dive day today so was at the Dodoro Dive Centre in Vis for the 10am trip. There were two Croatian dive masters, two Slovenian guys, one German guy and me. We travelled out to the site of the Teti, an Italian merchant ship and dived there. I was feeling quite confident about it all but as soon as I was in the water I felt very unconfident and uncalm! Not good for diving. Managed to lose a flipper and get my mask all tangled up! Kind of got the hang of it once we were descending by the rope but still really didn't feel like I was enjoying it very much. We ended up descending to about 30 minutes, saw a huge eel and some little fish. But I felt very unco-ordinated and ascended a bit faster than I should have - partly because I didn't have enough weights I reckon.

The boat ride out to the dive site was lovely - fantastic scenery! Could also see quite a few old military bunkers cut into the hillside.

Spent the afternoon on the beach reading and this evening walked right round to the other side of Vis town - it's a huge harbour. The other side is more picturesque but has loads of expensive restaurants and gift shops, catering for the wealthy yachties who are moored here at the moment.

Da Vinci Code count - one guy on the beach reading it. I'm about 2/3 of way through it now! A quick read.

No comments: