Sunday, September 05, 2004

Croatia '- day one

Black Diamond goes international!

This is the first update from abroad. I am currently in Vis, Croatia on holiday. Finding it quite strange to get used to this keyboard - the Z and the y are transposed! Different language I guess!

Anyway, flew to Split yesterday morning on Hungarian Airlines via Budapest. Sadly didn't have a visit to Budapest scheduled, but would love to do so at some stage. Secured some accomodation at the bus stop with Nena (and no she didn't have 99 red balloons). Private accomodation is very popular in Croatia and often cheaper than staying in a budget hotel. Nena's place was ok - had to share a bathroom and the place was about 20 minutes walk from the centre, but it was ok for one night.

After dropping my stuff off, I went and had a beer at a harbourfront cafe and watched the world go by. The harbour is quite large with lots of ferries and boats coming and going, mainly travelling to the islands around Split and up and down the coast, but there are also boats that go to Ancona in Italy.

Walked around the Diocletian's Palace after it had got dark. I'll go back when I go back to Split, but it was interesting to see it all lit up.

After a meal at a harbourfront restaurant, I wandered back to the bus stop and successfully caught my bus home.

Da Vinci Code information: the man at Books Etc. said that they sold 200 copies last week but he's had to buy the audio book to listen to in the car because he has no time to read it.

No comments: