Monday, September 29, 2008

Greece Day 2

Had a very nice long sleep and then some muesli and yoghurt on my patio. My little room (bizarrely called ‘Lover’s Corner’ and in fact you’d need to be VERY intimate with someone to share this room!) has been cut into the side of the hillside. Symi is very hilly and rocky and the main town (Yialos) centers around a harbour. It’s meant to be the most beautiful harbour in Greece and it certainly is attractive! Loads of multi coloured houses rise up from the harbour. It’s very small and I think to walk to Panoramitos at the other end of the island takes about 5 hours to walk. Not sure if I’ll end up doing that though! So my little room has a bed at one end and a teeny bathroom at the other end. On top is a patio which has a view not quite down to the harbour, but over about half of the town.

Spent most of the late morning wandering around town. I was trying to across to Pedi Beach, but couldn’t understand the walking instructions and after climbing up a long way I found myself coming back down again with no idea of how to go up! Will have to redo that at some stage. There are loads of boats to take you to different beaches and parts of the island so I’ll do one of those tomorrow. I ended up walking along the coast and finding a tiny beach down a long set of steps that I had to myself. Not quite into total relaxation mode yet but I’m getting there!!

No comments: