Tuesday, May 01, 2007

USA Day Five

Last day of the trip today :(

After packing up and checking out I caught the handy Passport bus along to the Belmont Shore, the posher area of Long Beach, for some breakfast and a wander, as well as some last minute shopping. Thankfully there was room in my luggage for a couple of extra pieces of clothing!

Nancy picked me up at my hotel and we had lunch at Acapulco, a Mexican restaurant in San Pedro. She then drove me to the airport and farewelled me!

Had an annoying experience at the security check-in - a woman who looked like she worked at one of the shops in the airport threw her cigarettes and pass into the plastic container that held my cabin luggage just as it was going through the scanner. When I handed the items back to her at the other end the security guards got very touchy and thoroughly searched us both. I was furious, both at her and at myself. Shouldn't have let her do that.

Highlight of the flight back to London was Paula as one of the cabin crew - she gave me champagne and a goody bag at takeoff and came over and chatted a couple of times during the flight, but she was really busy (another full flight) and I was asleep for much of the time. Annie Lennox (who'd been in LA appearing on American Idol) was on the plane as well, but being in cattle class, I didn't get to see her!

Long journey once I'd landed with the tube all the way to Finsbury Park and then a bus. Nice to be back in the flat though - it was just as I'd left it!

No comments: