Wednesday, November 24, 2010

milestone!

Well, next month marks a milestone - 18 months til the big 4-0! I know some of you will be surprised that I'm that old! Anyway, in the best Mhairi tradition, I thought I should write a list of what I want to do before I reach that advanced age. One restriction, as one of my aims is to be in a much better financial situation by then, I don't think I'll be scheduling much exotic travel or expensive activities!

Here's the list I've had in my head for a while
fly in a helicopter (just as a passenger mind!)
learn to knit
learn to drive - ACHIEVED!
buy a car
move to NZ - ACHIEVED!
get a cat
finally learn that ukulele

It's a pretty pedestrian list really - what else do you think I should aim for in the next 18 months?

4 comments:

Phoebe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phoebe said...

Sorry made a typo!

I can't believe you are turning 4-0 in 18 months!!! You are still only a youngun' to me! I love your list, it made me laugh out loud. Especially the bit about the Ukulele.

I could have helped you with one of your items and taught you to knit over here.

Very impressed with the achieved items!

Go Mhairi!

Mhairi said...

update - buy a car ACHIEVED! I'm on a roll!

Phoebe - I have actually bought knitting needles, a pattern and wool but haven't learnt how to cast on yet! I'll either go to a course or learn via YouTube. I'll probably leave it a few months now because it's SUMMER!

Fiona said...

Tadhg has said he will teach you the ukulele at Christmas!! He also has some great ukulele rockstar poses he will share with you, sweatband (like Kayne) optional.