Saturday, January 14, 2006

Sydney

Have just had a few days in Sydney, visiting friends. As I've been here before, I didn't feel the need to climb the Harbour Bridge etc., so it was nice to hang out and catch up with people.

Mainly I stayed in Penrith with Petrina, Ian and their little girl, Aaliyah. Penrith is close to the Blue Mountains so we did a drive up there today, to Leura. Very sunny, but lots of flies!

Penrith is about an hour out of Sydney, so on Thursday I took the train into town and meet up with some of my EY colleagues who are now working in the office there. They showed me around their brand new building, and then we went for drinks at the Opera bar, by the Opera House. And then we had gorgeous seafood at an outdoor restaurant by the harbour.

Stayed the night with Sacha in Newtown. Spent a pleasurable morning wandering around Newtown's shops and then we had lunch.

Just about to board my flight back to London now!

No comments: