Wednesday, August 24, 2005

learning!

I've volunteered to do a 'Lunch and Learn' session at work next month focusing on blogs, wikis, RSS, and other nifty social computing tools. One of my colleagues suggested that I blog my creation of the presentation, and of course the blog provides a good record of where I've been and what's good!

Have been doing some research today, visiting Headshift, the Guardian Online Blog, BoingBoing and Demystifying Usability.

I went to the City Information Group presentation that David Tebbut gave a few months ago on blogging and social computing - I was up to speed with most of it already, but it was a useful summary.

Will be telling everyone about NewsGator as well which is the RSS tool I use for subscribing to content. Google Talk has just been launched today and I'll touch on that as well as Skype which has been big news recently.

If there's any librarians interested, there is a huge Google Directory page with links to loads of librarian created blogs, including Dispatches from a Public Librarian on old favourite McSweenys.net

On a less serious note, I'm not sure how I found it, but I stumbled across this great table today, plotting Global Average temperature vs number of pirates.

No comments: